Sunday, September 28, 2008

ENTRY 19

Quote: "But, Jane, I summon you as my wife: it is you only I intend to marry" (256).

Reflection: It has been confirmed that all the previous comments made about Miss Ingram and Mr. Rochester's love for her have been false for he has always wanted the hand of Jane. He only spoke those words to convince her to reveal she disapproved of his marriage for status and not love. Unfortunately for him, Jane is discreet and would support him through anything even if it hurt her in the end. I bet she felt a shock wave through her body when she realized that his offer was sincere and he was not just pulling her chain. She realized that he truly wished to marry her and be solely with her when she looked into his eyes. I wonder if Miss Ingram knew about the rumor Mr. Rochester had started and if she really thought it was she he wanted to marry and not Jane. If that is so, then Mr. Rochester has a sticky situation at hand that could use some clearing up.

No comments: